Thursday, January 14, 2010

Need Prayer

    All of this work that I am putting into making my marriage better and I feel like I blew it all with one little mistake. I could really use your prayers throughout the day.

    Finances are a problem for a lot of people. The trouble that I have is when a money problem pops up I try to solve it myself. It's hard for me to share with my husband when bills are behind or there is no money to do something that needs to be done. I have a bad habit of trying to fix it on my own and not telling my husband until I have to.

    This morning, I had to call him about a problem. I was shaking as I called. I braced myself to be yelled at. While he was mad about it, he surprised me by saying this is our fault, not all mine. He didn't yell at all. He did let me know that he is not pleased and very concerned about this. But he also said that he knows we can work through this together.

    In some ways, that made me feel worse. I am sure that is satan trying to bring me down. My husband works hard for our family, and I feel like a failure for not being able to help out much.

    My cousin sent me this verse this morning. I think it was exactly what I needed to hear!! Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. (Philip 4.6-7)

 
 

2 comments:

  1. oh i have been scared to tell my hubby things too. not that i go buy something i shouldn't, but i have made mistakes before with the budget. i am always scared he'll be mad but he's always so sweet. i'm glad your husband was too & that y'all can work it out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found that when God is working in us, He is usually working on our spouse. Hence, the "calmer than usual" response. I praise Him that you were able to speak with your husband, that your husband reacted as he did, and that now you can join hands and work together to resolve...God's hand is in there too. Thank you for sharing that I'm not alone in this world and sharing God's peace.

    ReplyDelete