Saturday, January 9, 2010

Love Dare, Day 15

    I've been keeping up with the Love Dare, even though I haven't been as successful at keeping up with blog about it. I am sorry about that. Life just seems so busy sometimes. Especially while my boys were off school for Christmas vacation (I do not care that the school system calls it "Winter Break" now. They were off for Christmas vacation!). Let me tell you, it is not easy to write with three boys at home. The older two wanted to do nothing but fight and the youngest one ended up getting staples in his head. So yeah, writing took a bit of a backseat!

    The challenge for Day 15 was to "choose a way to show honor and respect to your spouse that is above and beyond your normal routine." I chose to do that by shoveling the sidewalks. Normally, my husband does that. But this week, we got quite a bit of snow. Especially on Wednesday and Thursday. He went in to work at 5:30 in the morning and got out at 3 in the afternoon. All the time in between was spent on his feet at a machine, making huge metal gears. I wanted to make his evening easier, so I went out to clear the walk. The snow was still falling, but that was OK. I figured if I at least got it cleared once it would make things easier for him. It would mean less snow for him to clear later. Our oldest son bundled up and went out there with me. We had a good time with it. You should have heard him giggle when I dumped a shovel full of snow over his head and then laugh when I stood still for him to get me back!

    When my hubby got home from work, we were still working on the sidewalk. My husband was not happy. He wasn't angry, really, but not happy that I was doing it. He said he appreciated the effort, but that I didn't need to do something like that. About a year ago, my doctor diagnosed me with a heart condition. The left side of my heart is slightly larger than the right. Apparently, this is a "normal" thing in overweight women. But even since then, my hubby has kind of been protective about me. He says he doesn't want me to do something that might make things worse. Then he helped me make dinner and we had a very nice evening together.

    Day 16 is an easier one. The challenge is to pray for your spouse. I've been doing that daily for a long time. I figure if he is worth spending time with (and he is) than he is definitely worth praying for.

3 comments:

  1. woah, way to get out there & shovel snow!! even though he doesn't want you to do it again. :) i don't know if i woulda done that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to read from you again.

    I love that he helped you make dinner and that you got to spend the evening together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I've been so bad about updating. I am glad that you ladies haven't given up on me!!!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete