Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Our Renewal


    Saturday was The Big Day for my husband and me. It was the day after our 10th anniversary. In our church, in front of our family and friends, we recommitted ourselves to each other. We again promised to love one another as we allow God to "wipe clean the canvases of our lives and fill them with His love, beauty, and harmony." It was really a very nice day.
    He surprised me by reading a poem about what marriage should be. It was a struggle to not cry when he read it. I gave him a copy of the Power of a Praying Husband Book of Prayers. Our sons walked me down the aisle and placed my hand in his. Then we had a small reception afterward. The boys went to stay the weekend with their aunt, and we headed out of town. We didn't do anything exotic. But we spent time together, alone, and that was wonderful. I am attaching a few pictures of the ceremony for you.
    Because of the last minute plans, I wasn't able to keep up on this blog last week. I did jot down a few things, though, as I continued to read The Love Dare. I will be posting those thoughts later in the week.

The Bride and Groom



The Birde and Groom, with the Bride's parents

2 comments:

  1. awww! so sweet! that is wonderful & i'm glad y'all got some Alone time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great step in your journey. god is good! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete